‘Watch the double standard!’: Trump blasts media’s treatment of Roseanne Barr amid Debra Messing controversy

Remember when Roseanne Barr lost her television series after a single controversial comment? Well, it looks like the leftist media sure doesn’t.

The Hill reports that President Donald Trump blasted the media’s “double standard” on Thursday, questioning why Will and Grace star Debra Messing is still on TV after she made comments critical of Trump supporters, while Barr was pulled off the air without a second thought. 

We Want Their Names

Last month, The Hollywood Reporter published a story alleging there would be a big-ticket fundraiser for Trump in California in the coming weeks. In response, Messing, a devout Democrat who despises Trump, tweeted that she wants a list of everyone attending.

The tone of her message, as well as some accompanying tweets, made it sound as though she wanted to have anyone attending “blacklisted” in Hollywood.

In fact, her co-star, Eric McCormack, had also tweeted that he wanted the names revealed “so the rest of us can be clear about who we don’t wanna [sic] work with.”

Messing retweeted that post by McCormack, which made it pretty clear that the two of them would try to cause trouble for any Trump-supporting actor slated to work with them.

When the backlash started over the remarks, McCormack tried to walk back his statement, claiming his words were twisted.

“I absolutely do not support blacklists or discrimination of any kind, as anyone who knows me would attest,” he said. But his tweets said otherwise.

I Want Her Fired!

In response to the controversy, Trump reprised his role from The Apprentice, asking NBC to fire Messing for her comments.

NBC has yet to say if there will be any disciplinary measures against Messing or McCormack for their tweets, but we do know their show will not be renewed after the upcoming season.

Sorry, not sorry.

Share on facebook
Share to Facebook

Latest News