Trump’s DOJ to release ‘Fast and Furious’ documents for first time

President Obama has to be scared right now as one of his worst nightmares has just occurred.

The Department of Justice has decided to unveil the documents pertaining to “Operation Fast and Furious,” the gun running scandal that involved the former president and former Attorney General Eric Holder.

Sensitive Material.

On Wednesday President Donald Trump’s administration announced that it would release previously unseen documents relating to the operation in the coming days, The Hill reported.

The documents had been kept from the prying eyes of the American citizens for years, likely because it would embarrass the administration if it was shown how it ran guns to Mexican drug cartels.

“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said.

A Stunning Murder.

One of the guns used in “Operation Fast And Furious” made it back to the United States when it was used to murder a Border Patrol agent.

And now it is time for that agent’s family, and the American people, to be made aware of why it happened.

“We need to find out the truth, exactly what happened, how it happened, why it happened. We need Mr. Trump, President Trump, to unseal the documents, reverse executive privilege so that we know what happened, and that we can hold the people accountable that are responsible,” Kent Terry, the brother of murdered agent Brian Terry, said on “Fox & Friends.”

[show_poll poll_id=579]

The timing of the announcement is going to be a thorn in the side of Democrats.

It is going to be tough for them to push for stricter gun control after the American people find out that former President Obama’s administration was one of the world’s major gun runners.

Share on facebook
Share to Facebook

Latest News