This story was originally published by the WND News Center.
Former President Donald Trump is unveiling a bold plan to use the power of the U.S. military to crush Mexico’s drug cartels.
“The drug cartels are waging war on America — and it’s now time for America to wage war on the cartels,” Trump said in a video posted on his Truth Social platform.
The Post Millennial reports the following as the plan’s components:
- “Restore all Trump border policies and fully secure the border”;
- “Deploy all necessary military assets, including the U.S. Navy, to impose a full naval embargo on the cartels, to ensure they cannot use our region’s waters to traffic illicit drugs to the U.S.”;
- “Order the Department of Defense to make appropriate use of special forces, cyber warfare, and other covert and overt actions to inflict maximum damage on cartel leadership, infrastructure, and operations”;
- “Designate the major drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations”;
- “Cut off the cartels’ access to the global financial system”;
- “Get full cooperation of neighboring governments to dismantle the cartels, or else fully expose the bribes and corruption that protect these criminal networks”;
- “Ask Congress to ensure drug smugglers and traffickers can receive the death penalty.”
“Fentanyl, heroin, meth, and other lethal drugs are pouring across our wide-open border, stealing hundreds of thousands of beautiful American lives,” Trump said. “In this war, Joe Biden has sided against the United States and with the cartels. They are making more money than they’ve ever made before, times ten. … Biden’s open border policies are a deadly betrayal of our nation.”