CNN’s Jim Acosta got a bit too aggressive and paid for it by having his White House credentials revoked.
CNN’s response was to file a lawsuit. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders blasted the move as “grandstanding,” and says the White House will fight it “vigorously.”
— Yamiche Alcindor (@Yamiche) November 13, 2018
Acosta stepped over a line last week, and now he is paying for it.
The question and answer session between Acosta and President Donald Trump started off on rough footing and never improved.
After asking two questions, the president wanted to move on to another reporter.
When the intern tried to get the microphone from Acosta, he put his hands on her and refused to hand it over.
He continued to chirp at the president, with Trump eventually shutting him completely down.
Finally, the intern was able to retrieve the microphone and hand it over to the next reporter.
Not long after the incident, the White House revoked his credentials for both disrespecting the president as well as “assaulting” the intern.
CNN’s response was absolutely reprehensible, completely defending his actions and ignoring his behavior with the intern.
Acosta has completely denied putting his hands on the intern and has yet to apologize at all for his actions.
Had he or the network showed any type of remorse, the White House probably would not have had to go to such extremes but of course, that never happened.
When the White House was made aware of Acosta’s intentions, it was adamant it would fight him every step the way.
Sanders said, “Mr. Acosta is no more or less special than any other media outlet or reporter with respect to the First Amendment.”
She went out on to outline the incident as well as stating, “This is just more grandstanding from CNN, and we will vigorously defend against this lawsuit.”
Acosta does not deserve to have his credentials restored and we fully support the White House and its decision to suspend his credentials.