Geraldo Rivera blasts reporters for using anonymous sources to smear Trump

Fox News star Geraldo Rivera went nuclear on Friday after a bombshell report from The Atlantic alleged, based on anonymous sources, that President Donald Trump had called America’s fallen soldiers “losers” and suckers.”

According to the Washington Examiner, Rivera responded to The Atlantic‘s report with a tweet blasting reporters who use anonymous sources as “chicken s*** Trump haters.”

“Shame on the reporters who feed on that steady stream of bulls***,” the Fox star added, according to the Examiner.

“I didn’t hear that”

The Atlantic‘s report, authored by journalist Jeffrey Goldberg, alleged that Trump lied about the reason he didn’t attend a memorial ceremony in November 2018 at France’s Aisne-Marne cemetery, where American soldiers who died during World War I are buried. At the time, the president said Secret Service didn’t allow him to attend that particular event because they couldn’t guarantee his safety traveling by car, and the weather prohibited him from going by helicopter.

But Goldberg said Trump simply wasn’t interested. “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump allegedly said.

The president, for his part, has pushed back on Goldberg’s report, telling reporters Thursday that he “never said that about our fallen heroes. There’s nobody that respects them more,” he added, according to ABC News.

Rivera, for his part, seems to believe the president. And he’s not the only one.

“I didn’t hear that,” former National Security Adviser John Bolton said of claims that Trump disparaged America’s fallen troops, according to The Hill. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion [on the cemetery visit].”

“This never happened”

Former White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders also rebuked Goldberg’s report, calling it “total BS” in a tweet Thursday evening. “I was actually there and one of the people part of the discussion — this never happened… I am disgusted by this false attack.”

Kayleigh McEnany, Trump’s current press secretary, expressed a similar sentiment last week.

Share on facebook
Share to Facebook

Latest News