It would appear authorities captured the political bomber just in time.
According to new reports, pipe bombing suspect Cesar Sayoc kept a list of elected officials to whom he apparently planned on sending packages in the near future.
Sayoc had developed a list of targets, an official told the Associated Press. Over a dozen explosive packages were delivered last week.
Liberal billionaire George Soros was the first to receive a suspicious package.
At the time, it looked like an isolated incident, but more mail bombs were quickly discovered over the next week.
Prominent Democrats including Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Maxine Waters also were targeted.
CNN’s New York headquarters received two packages, addressed to former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former CIA Director John Brennan.
The mainstream media, of course, jumped all over the fact Sayoc was an apparent fan of President Donald Trump and immediately blamed the president for this maniac’s activities.
Facing Serious Jailtime
The only thing Sayoc has going in his favor right now is the fact none of the bombs actually went off, apparently due to faulty construction.
FBI Director Christopher Wray said Friday that the bombs “were not hoax devices.”
Sayoc, 56, is facing more than 50 years in jail if found guilty.
His attorney is asking everyone not to rush to judgment about his client.
“We do not know all the evidence the government has. You have to keep in mind he has not been found guilty of anything,” stated Daniel Aaronson, Sayoc’s attorney.
With the case still under investigation, authorities have been tight-lipped about exactly which bombs they are attributing to Sayoc.
However, based on pictures circulated, virtually every bomb we have seen has similar packaging, with several of them listing former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schutz as the return address.
Authorities also believe there may be more packages still in circulation.
They are making that assessment based off the initial deliveries of bombs already discovered.