Florida man confesses to murders of Black Lives Matter protester and AARP volunteer

A 49-year-old Florida man has confessed to the shocking kidnapping and murders of two women in Florida who were reported missing this month.

According to court records obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat, Aaron Glee, Jr. “had made voluntary admissions to officers guarding him that he had murdered two women in Tallahassee.”

Horrific murders

The two victims could not be more different. Oluwatoyin Salau was a 19-year-old student and activist who had attended and spoken at recent Black Lives Matter protests. Victoria Sims, 75, was a retired state worker and an active AARP volunteer who often delivered meals to Glee, who referred to Sims as his “white grandma,” Glee’s mother said.

On June 6, Salau was reported missing. She had tweeted about being sexually assaulted earlier that same day, but police do not believe Glee is linked to that incident. Sims was reported missing on June 11.

On June 15, the Tampa Bay Times reported that the bodies of both women were discovered bound at Glee’s home after police traced Sims’ cell phone there. Salau was found behind the house, her body covered in leaves. Sims was found under a bloody sheet in his bedroom.

Glee confesses

According to Fox News, police caught up to Glee on a Greyhound bus headed for West Palm Beach.

Glee told the officers he was having breathing problems, and he was then taken to a nearby hospital, where he confessed to the kidnapping and murder of both women.

Glee often relied on Sims for rides, he said, as he did not have his own transportation. After meeting Salau, Glee said he called Sims to arrange for a ride back to his place. She was to pick them both up at a bus stop, and security footage appears to confirm his account.

Glee said he offered Salau the use of his bathroom facilities so she could shower as well as a place to crash, but he was looking for much more than that.

According to the report, Glee admitted that he tried to rape Salau, but she resisted. Glee eventually overpowered her and kept her as his prisoner for several days before deciding the only way to avoid jail was to kill her.

After binding Salau, the report says that “Glee explained how over the course of several hours he would re-enter the bedroom multiple times to see if [Salau] was still alive. Ultimately, he entered into the bedroom and determined [she] was deceased.” Details of Sims’ cause of death were not clear.

Glee is being held without bail, with the presiding judge ruling him a “danger to society.”

Share on facebook
Share to Facebook

Latest News