Report: FBI now investigating Prince Andrew’s ties to Jeffrey Epstein

Though the bulk of the media has largely moved on from the sordid saga surrounding convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest on sex trafficking charges and subsequent reported suicide in jail, that doesn’t mean that the story has simply gone away or that interest has evaporated.

In fact, recent reports indicate that federal authorities are still investigating allegations regarding Epstein and those who associated with him, such as British royal Prince Andrew, who could potentially face charges once an investigation — in which British law enforcement is apparently cooperating — has been completed.

Scotland Yard assisting FBI

The Sunday Times reported that the FBI has expanded its investigation into Epstein’s alleged sexual slavery and trafficking involving underage girls and is receiving assistance in that regard from the Metropolitan Police Service, perhaps better known as Scotland Yard.

“The US investigation is focusing on several potential victims in the hope that they can provide more details about Prince Andrew and his connection to the Epstein case,” an anonymous source with the U.S. Justice Department told The Times.

“They are not going to dismiss [claims relating to Andrew] because he is a royal,” the source added.

Focus on Prince Andrew

Even the former head of royal protection at Scotland Yard, Dai Davies — who was in charge of protecting Prince Andrew in the 1990s — told The Times that it would be in the “public interest” for a full investigation to take place into the allegations of the prince’s involvement in Epstein’s illicit activities.

That position is largely due to the fact that British investigators had shut down a 2015 investigation into the Queen’s son over accusations put forward by Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Guiffre.

“I would have thought it’s in Prince Andrew’s interests to clear this matter up. Any residue of doubt or innuendo should be cleared up by a clear, unequivocal, structured investigation,” Davies said.

Royal family denies

According to The Times, the FBI’s investigation covers far more than just Giuffre’s claims and includes upwards of 100 alleged sex-trafficking victims who were all roughly 14- or 15-years-old when they were said to be trafficked and enslaved by Epstein.

To be sure, Prince Andrew has steadfastly denied any alleged wrongdoing and has decried the allegations against him as “false” and “without foundation.” Even Buckingham Palace has issued statements in support of the prince that point to the previously closed Scotland Yard investigation of Guiffre’s accusations.

A rather significant problem for Prince Andrew, however, is the existence of photographic evidence that shows him posing alongside Guiffre when she was purportedly just 17-years-old. Furthermore, there is video evidence placing the prince inside Epstein’s New York City residence as seemingly underage girls came and went from the premises.

Whether Prince Andrew’s true involvement in Epstein’s disgusting crimes leads to charges of any sort remains to be seen, but it sure looks like the initial effort to cover-up his potential complicity in that behavior is no longer in effect.

Share on facebook
Share to Facebook
[ci-popup]

Latest News