In speech to Congress, Biden admits US carbon emissions play small role on world scale

In his highly-anticipated address to Congress last week, President Joe Biden made a bombshell admission that should have received breaking news-level press coverage, as it has a profound impact on life in America moving forward.

According to Fox News op-ed writer Liz Peek, who’s also a conservative commentator, Biden admitted during his speech that the United States accounts for a relatively small percentage of carbon emissions output. The president reportedly went on to say that no matter what the country does as far as green energy initiatives, it doesn’t matter in the big picture.

“It’s not going to matter”

Peek was right to wonder why it appeared as if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Vice President Kamala Harris looked a little uneasy while sitting behind the 78-year-old president as he rambled on. His admission of the United States’ role in carbon emissions on a global scale probably wasn’t ideally worded as Democrats fight to push radical, progressive green energy legislation on Americans.

The poorly worded — or perhaps honestly worded, depending on your political leanings — sentence came as Biden went through what he believes were his accomplishments within his first 100 days in the White House.

“The United States accounts, as all of you know, for less than 15% of carbon emissions. The rest of the world accounts for 85%. That’s why I kept my commitment to rejoin the Paris Accord, because if we do everything perfectly, it’s not going to matter,” Biden said, according to Fox.

As Peek also highlighted, that exact sentence was certainly not in the transcript of the speech provided to the press prior to the event.

“This is not a ‘gotcha moment,’ where a politician is caught embellishing his life story or fabricating excuses for some misdeed. On the contrary, Joe Biden was being honest,” Peek wrote.

Why does it matter?

While the true effect of carbon emissions on the planet will be forever debated, there’s no doubt that countries around the globe are continuing to crank out high levels of carbon emissions. Democrats have used that as a cornerstone on which to build their progressive opinions of how we should move rapidly into green, renewable energy.

But if the United States’ emissions have such little effect on the global scale — especially compared to some of the top emissions offenders like China and India — why should Americans who have high-paying, family-sustaining jobs in the fossil fuel energy sector have to suffer so greatly?

Peek also pointed out that China isn’t buckling to increased calls for nations to switch to renewable energy, which was proven in a recent Reuters report that revealed China continues to open new coal mines and plants in order to compete in the 21st century as an industrialized nation.

“Xi Jinping has zero intention of sacrificing his country’s economic expansion on the altar of climate change,” Peek wrote.

Even with Biden’s eye-opening admission, his administration and most Democrats will continue to slaughter the fossil fuel industry and, in turn, the American economy, mostly in the name of political expediency. Why let the truth get in the way of strategic politicking?

Share on facebook
Share to Facebook

Latest News