CNN poll reveals majority of Americans are ‘angry’ with how things are going in America

According to Breitbart, a new poll revealed that not only are most Americans unhappy with the way things are going under President Joe Biden’s leadership, but they are also downright “angry” about the situation. 

The survey, surprisingly enough, was conducted by CNN, one of Biden’s friendliest media outlets. It was conducted from Aug. 3 through Sept. 7, and included responses from 2,119 individuals who participated. The margin of error for the survey was plus or minus 2.8%.

The findings

Among other questions, the survey asked participants “how well are things going in the country today?”

Forty-five percent of respondents said “pretty badly,” and 24% felt that things are going “very badly.” Combined, that equals 69%. On the other hand, only 2% chose “very well” and only 29% chose “fairly well,” which adds up to only 31%.

Next, the outlet asked participants to express how they feel about the way things are going under Biden’s leadership, and the results were similar.

Seventeen percent chose “not too angry” and 8% chose “not angry at all,” which adds up to 26%. However, 26% chose “very angry” and 48% chose “somewhat angry,” for a total of 74% who are clearly very unhappy with the state of Biden’s leadership.

It probably shouldn’t come as a surprise, given that Biden nor Vice President Kamala Harris have been anywhere close to impressive in their first year in the White House.

Something doesn’t add up

Given the above findings, one would expect Biden to receive a fairly low approval rating, however, that didn’t appear to be the case.

Rather, 52% approve of and 48% disapprove of Biden’s handling of the presidency. That would seem to suggest that, at least regarding the people who participated in the poll, they don’t necessarily view Biden as the reason why things are not going well in America.

In other recent polls, however, Biden’s approval rating has been consistently plummeting, especially on the heels of his Afghanistan foreign policy disaster.

The Economist/YouGov poll, for example, just gave Biden one of the lowest approval ratings of his presidency, which came in at an embarrassing 39%. The Trafalgar Group, more recently, gave Biden an approval rating of only 43.5%. RealClearPolitics currently has Biden’s net approval rating at -3.7%.

Not surprisingly, Biden’s best approval polling numbers just happen to come from CNN. However, it is quite noteworthy that the respondents in CNN’s poll seemed to clearly indicate that they’re not exactly happy with how things are going in America.

Latest News