Author Ari Behn, a former member of the Norwegian Royal Family who accused actor Kevin Spacey of sexual assault, died by suicide on Christmas Day, according to a spokesman.
Behn was previously married to Princess Martha Louise of Norway prior to a divorce in 2016. The king and queen of Norway reportedly issued a kind statement of condolences following Behn’s death.
The Hollywood Reporter reported that Behn’s death by suicide was confirmed by his manager, Geir Hakonsund, who said in a statement to a Norwegian newspaper, “It’s with great sorrow in our hearts that we, those closest to Ari Behn, must report that he took his own life today. We ask for respect for our private lives in the time to come.”
Kevin Spacey accuser
In 2017, Behn accused Spacey of inappropriately groping him during a concert in Norway in honor of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007.
Salon reported that Behn’s alleged suicide came less than a day after Spacey posted a video on Christmas Eve in which he remarked on how his plan for dealing with his enemies and rivals in the new year was to “kill them with kindness.”
Adopting a southern drawl and intimidating attitude similar to his famous “House of Cards” character Frank Underwood, Spacey, dressed in a red sweater while seated next to a fireplace, spoke briefly of Christmas and how his year had gone and what his plans were for the future.
“The next time someone does something you don’t like, you can go on the attack. But you can also hold your fire and do the unexpected. You can kill them with kindness,” he said as ominous music played in the background.
— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) December 24, 2019
Second Spacey accuser death
Salon noted that this is at least the second man who has accused Spacey of sexual assault to mysteriously end up dead.
An anonymous masseuse, who alleged that Spacey had forced him to grab his genitals during a massage, died in September.
Vice News reported that there have been a number of men who’ve made claims of past instances of sexual assault and harassment against Spacey over the past two years, with two of those accusers now dead.
Earlier this year, charges against Spacey were dropped by prosecutors in Massachusetts after an anonymous 18-year-old man, who had accused Spacey of fondling him against his will in 2016, mysteriously made himself “unavailable” to the prosecutors.