It has long been apparent that James Comey played fast and loose with Department of Justice rules — at best. At worst, the disgraced former FBI director committed egregious violations of the law, and now, he may finally be paying the price.
Former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova just revealed that Comey is the subject of a little-known criminal investigative report that is set to be released to the public within the next couple of weeks.
“Bombshell” report coming soon
DiGenova’s ear-catching remarks came during a Fox News panel discussion on Wednesday on The Ingraham Angle, which was guest-hosted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
The panelists were speaking of a long-awaited report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz on abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) — and its secretive courts — when DiGenova revealed that there is a lesser-known “bombshell” report focused exclusively on Comey that is about to be released.
“There is another report that everybody has forgotten about, involving James Comey alone,” DiGenova said.
“That will be out in two weeks,” he went on to reveal. “That report is going to be a bombshell. It’s going to open up the investigation on a very high note, and there will be criminal referrals in it.”
It’s not just Comey…
But it isn’t just Comey that may soon be facing arrest.
Shifting back to the Horowitz report, which is slated to be released in May or June of this year, DiGenova said: “The FISA court abuse is the center of this entire abuse of governmental power, and the chief judge of that court has already ruled that the FBI broke the law and that the people at the head of the Justice Department — Sally Yates, John Carlin, the assistant attorney general for the national security [division] — all knew about it and lied to the court, the FISA court, about it.”
Earlier in the segment, DiGenova also spoke of a “brazen plot to exonerate Hillary Clinton illegally, and then if she lost the election, to frame Donald Trump.”
Indeed, as the attorney pointed out, the infamous anti-Trump dossier, which was an integral part of the investigation against the president, was knowingly created by Clinton and former CIA Director John Brennan.
The FISA courts have found out about this fact by now — and they aren’t happy about it.
“The FISA court has already communicated with the Justice Department about its findings, and their findings are that for more than four years before the election of Donald Trump, there was an illegal spying operation going on by FBI contractors — four of them — to steal personal information, electronic information about American citizens, and to use it against the Republican Party,” DiGenova said.
He went on: “There are going to be indictments, there are going to be grand juries. John Brennan isn’t going to need one lawyer, he’s going to need five.”
DiGenova didn’t offer up any additional explanation for how or where he learned of the details of the impending reports on FISA abuse and Comey, but if he and his sources are accurate, the tables have most certainly turned.
And it’s about time.